Stepper Motor Kit for DIY 3D Printers

carl22

Hi,

To save costs, I planned to build a 3D printer myself. I am very hands-on and I know some programming, so I think this is feasible. However, I am a little confused about the choice of stepper motor kit.

I found the VORON Afterburner Stepper Motor Kit for 3D Printers: https://www.oyostepper.de/goods-888-VORON-Afterburner-Schrittmotor-Kit-für-3D-Drucker.html

Is this kit recommended or is there a better option?

Those are the standard Nema17 motors used in Voron Builds. The difference is in the Manufacturer. Generally LDO and Moons run a bit quieter than Steppers Online motors. Cannot comment on the one's in the link as I am not familiar with them.

• Like 1

Most of the users take Ldo or Moons ( the expensive ones).

In my machine I use 4 stepper online (nema 17 48mm) yes they are a bit noisy but I have a isolate chamber and it doesn't bother me.

But I'm quite OK with stepper online. Some ppl don't like em cause they say it's rubbish and burn down faster. In my opinion that's more related to how you use the ne as in your system. If they can take 2A just let em run on 60% and the hold 🥰.

P. S:

The motor discription sounds like the nema 17 from stepper online.

Also a company called Act and another one on Ali sell to similar prices. Depends on the usage. I'm printing part time like 1 a week for a Cosplay project sometimes a complete week then 1 month nothing.

In my opinion I don't need super motors for that. If your planning to exessivly print then some more expensive motors could be a better quality choice.

As said obove depend on usage.

Just my 2 cent