Something is about to happen...

Penatr8tor

More like next week but thanks.

If you haven't guessed already, The parts are for the new RatRig V1.0 Toolhead

I also have purchased a super light CNC X-Beam and CNC's Ends for the Y axis.

The folks over at RatRig have just released their new RatOS 2.0 which supports CAN bus, Beacon Contact, etc, etc and is supposed to be plug and play.

We will see. Stay Tuned. I post up the other parts when I get them and create a build diary once I get started.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2024 at 5:44 PM, mvdveer said:

Very exiting - where is this going? (Refurbished V2?)

It's going on my RatRig V-Core 3 300.

Going to replace the extruded x-beam and printed ends with an aluminum CNC'd beam and end pieces.

I bought the V1.0 Toolhead kit from RatRig directly and it came with printed parts but... I don't like them because they're PETG and I want ASA/ABS and also in the White/Grey color scheme I used on the printer. Also now that I have the VzBot dialed in... I want to reprint the motor mounts and front idler corners.

You will see I also have a Beacon H and CAN board. Supposedly the new RatOS 2.0 has a plug and play setup for both of those so we will see.

Should be an interesting journey. 🙂

04_RR-Refurb_CNC.thumb.jpg.6dc9efa37a09b6323be9061a7ec5607d.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Penatr8tor said:

It's going on my RatRig V-Core 3 300.

Looking forward to this build. I have a RAT Rig V-Core 4 on order - Expected in December this year from local supplier.  Postage costs have gone through the roof lately!

• Like 2

I agree postage is crazy. I order the vice for the Milo from the US the postage was just as much as the cost of the vice shipped to Canada. Shipped it to my US address service and it was $15 US which is more reasonable. 

Edited by PFarm
  • Like 2